Sunday, May 19, 2013

Catch Up Time

I was reminded to update this, this weekend. Its been again, another month. The cats are still here, they leave June 3rd, and no offense, I am thankful. Hopefully my allergies will die back down after they leave and I vacuum the whole house and wash everything.

So let me catch you up:

The Cats: For some reason they are peeing on the bathroom floor, despite the litter box right there. This was especially annoying after I took an afternoon to really, really clean the bathroom. Oh well. They all seem to be doing ok, Zoe is there the minute I try to get food, she likes chicken and cheese, so of course, I give her some if I have any.

The Apt.: I need more fans or at least one for my room and I think I will be good. These apartments are soo old. I wish I could get a dryer hook up, a dishwasher, a new stove, a new storm door. Need to write them again this week and see. Everything esle ok, just covered with cat fur. I try not to pet them so much so that hair comes off, but man, there is a ton on my bed, :P

Work: Work is going well. I've been going earlier, which is nice. Leaves me the rest of the day to run errands, clean, hang out(if i'm lucky), watch tv and movies. I get netflix in the mail, wish I had instant, but oh well. And also 4 to 5 hour shifts, which is nicer, then having to have a lunch and a break, bc sometimes i'll get those at weird times.

Life:  Is still going good. Still need a full time job.

NOw on to my Seattle ADventure I went on last week:
Mom had to fly out West for work and had said I could come this time. And since she didnt' have to be at work til Tuesday, we flew out very early Saturday to go to Seattle, actual destination Dupont and hour away. The plane ride was looong, 5 hours there plus and hour to Atlanta first. Then after Alex and Laird got us, we went to the Apt. then Quiznos for lunch and to play on a playground there....Laird was in a funny mood and didn't really like me all weekend. I think also Kris and I went by the library so I could get a book or 2 to read, only read one of them, he and I also went to the grocery store a few mintues away to get more things for dinner.

Sunday was Mothers Day and that started off with a walk over to the Starbucks for the usual morning coffee and we had eggs, sausage and biscuits at home for breakfast. Then Kris and Dad went shootin', Alex/Mom/Laird and I went to the Sound, a 3 mile round trip, Laird even let me carry him for a little bit. Then Alex gave us a tour of the Army base Kris works at and we made a trip to Mickey D's as well. And came back to nap and hang out. Then Mom, Dad, Alex and I went to Costco so they could get some things and they got me this kool activity book for the ride home, it came in handy!!! :) We had pork chops for dinner, they were yummy.

Then Monday was the Big day: SEATTLE!!! First, went to Starbucks with Dad for breakfast and to bring back coffee, then got ready to head to Seattle. And I got to visit with my friend Bryan, who is out there for school. Luckily the rain held off for most of the time, but at brief times, there were showers. We started out walking through Gum Alley, leading up to Pikes Market, then we checked out a coffee/tea place, then I went off with Bryan, while he showed me the sites, we walked by the Sound and went into a couple of gift shops and walked up and down the market. I ended getting souvenirs at the market, a magnet of seattle, a keychain, 2 post cards. Then it was time to say good bye to Bryan, he had to go back to school that day. Then Mom, Dad, Alex and I took the lightrail to the SPACE NEEDLE!!! The one thing I had been looking forward to this whole trip. WAs going up there. ANd I lucked out and it was nice weather as soon as we got there, so I was able to get some pictures of the sound and mountains. Then it started to rain, so we walked around the top then decided to head down to the gift shop-YEA!!! I got a stuffed animal, a sea otter, a pen with the space needle on it and a water bottle, with the space needle. Alex got me the picture they take of you before going on the needle in a cute Seattle Frame, I love it!!! Then we looked into going to the glass exhibit, but it was 19 a person, so we headed back, stopping by GAP for Alex because she had a coupon. Then it started raining, so we headed over to Ivans for some food, then headed home. Also got a reusable bag that says Pikes Market, Mom has the same one. I like it and have used it also. I was so tired, I slept and I think they went to the sound while I napped. Then they got home, so did Kris an Laird, Kris had had to work and Laird went to day care. Then we had chicken for dinner and I packed to leave early, early Tuesday morning and we also went to some other places too.

Tuesday: MOm and Dad took me to the airport to head back to Raleigh. I had to wait 2 hours in the airport before a 4 hour trip back to ATL. The people sitting next to me were pretty talkative and the kid behind me hated flying and a lady sitting behind me was on the same flight to ATL with me. I got breakfast at the airport then had a banana sandwich on the plane. Mom and Dad had also gotten me a activity book, so I killed time with that and reading some magazines and sleeping. Then it was 2 hours of kill time at the ATL airport then a short flight to RDU, where John was there to greet me, we then went to dinner(crappy service) then home to shower and bed. I had to be at work at 7am the next day.

The rest of the week went by fast. I went to work at 7am each day, worked 7-120 on saturday then went to Johns house for the night. Came back sunday AM and nwent to church then just napped, cleaned the bathroom floor and picked up some and just watching tv and movies, talked to both of my sisters also. I also took pictures of the cats and the trip, but will have to wait until I can actually put them on here.

This week is the dentist and the orthodontist, lunch with my sister Alice and maybe going out to Mom and Dads house, we'll see. Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment