Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas

So, I will write about Christmas like everyone else. I have no pictures, because those are all at mom/dads house.

Back in the day, I remember leaving cookies for Santa and milk too. And special "grass" for the reindeer. Trying to stay up late to see Santa or hear him and the reindeer. Never worked. I dont' remember ever finding a gift I got BEFORE Christmas. Though I did one time at the Laneridge House. I saw a receipt and it was a computer game I wanted. And did the dumb thing of asking where it was Christmas Day after I had opened all my presents.

But, mainly my memories are from Harvey St. The main one is sitting on the steps and taking a picture every year. And not being able to come out of our rooms until Grandpa came into the house. Then he and Grandma would record Christmas Day. Then we always ate Apple Pie and Ice Cream, and still do on Christmas morning. And sausage balls too! and pecans drenched in salt and butter that I get to make. Grandma and Grandpa passed away in 2010, but I'll always remember them! And Grandma Tripp in 2009.

I remember always running out of the house when we saw the RV...having 2 weeks off from school. Watchng them back the RV up to the house was always fun!

Then going to church and singing in the service when we were youjnger, then going as we got older. And going to the Barkers house for Christmas, they are my "god family." And also going to Grandma Tripps house for Christmas as well, then she coming over for Christmas day meal.

We use to do Ham at Christmas, but now dad does something else. Then there was the Christmas when Joanne, Kat were here and Grandma broke her hip, so it was just Mom, Alice, Alex and I for Christmas Eve Dinner. then everyone from the Evans side was here the next day. Then there were some w/out one of my sisters. Then in 2009, I got to go visit Pat and Joyce for a week and see grandma/grandpa too.

then last year, I was sick as a dog and woke up everyone at 6am w/ my coughing. I felt bad for alice bsc she felt bad i was sick. then she and mom got sick too...ooops!!!

I remember getting a bike in 3rd grade, along w/ my stuffed dog named Bubba. I remember the bumper pool table we all got. The trampoline we got our cuzin Vern to get on, that Thad later broke at Laneridge.

I remember getting Band Fruit(still do) but I told Santa NO!!! this year. I also have hanging up in the apartment a picture/frame my Dad picked out.

I also use a bookcase I was given. and several other small things. I have a hand held mixer I'm going to try this year. And movies and books from back in the day. A game my sister got me. And gift cards as well. And clothing too.

I don't need anything this year except money. But did make several suggestions to Santa. Yes, I do still believe in him, so back off!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, good luck getting money...EVERYONE needs money :P PS: you have a strange memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear for Christmas.
    Just a warning! LOL!

    ReplyDelete